What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

On-Line Rotax Manuals

N223JH

Well Known Member
Having searched in vain for oil and coolant capacities in the supplied Operators Manual, I found this info on the CD in the Installation Manual.

My question for those flying is: Lacking a laptop to place on my workbench, would it be a good idea to order up print versions of the various Rotax manuals prepatory to starting my engine? Or will the printed materials supplied (e.g. oil purging service letter) suffice?

If so, what is the best source for the manuals? TIA

Jim
RV12 N233TX
awaiting inspection

Good stuff but

I joined, watched the videos several times at home but have no internet out at the hangar. I couldn't download them to my laptop, so have no way of having that info where I really need it. Repeated emails to ROAN brought no (zero!) response, Only thing I could do was take notes.

Wayne 143WM flying

I joined, watched the videos several times at home but have no internet out at the hangar. I couldn't download them to my laptop, so have no way of having that info where I really need it. Repeated emails to ROAN brought no (zero!) response, Only thing I could do was take notes.

Wayne 143WM flying

Wayne,

I just have them all saved to my documents file. They are just PDF files. I downloaded them in the house, saved them to my documents and pull up in the hanger whenever. Don't have to be on line to pull PDF Docs. They should download to your laptop at home...the files aren't that big.

Wayne,

As others pointed out, rotax-owner is the Canadian distributor. They have produced the videos and charge for them. You don't have to purchase membership to their website to download copies of the manuals or to get automatic notifications of new or revised manuals or service information. The automatic notification is a nice feature. I purchased the membership and look at the videos and take notes before doing carb sync but the manual's instructions are good too.

Rotax-aircraft-engines is the factory website and all manuals and service information is also free to download there too. Actually rotax-owner just links to this website when you download manuals.

Jim Butcher
Europa XS Rotax 914

Back