What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Omission in plans 29-02 20-93

DonFromTX

Well Known Member
First off, the title reflects some tired fingers and you cannot edit the thred title, SHOULD BE 29-02 and 29-03 Pages. The plans show NOT to dimple the two holes in the upper firewall where it interacts with the second from the right rudder support bracket. The other three bracket areas of the firewall calls out dimples, but not this one. The support has been dimpled, and this would sandwich un dimpled holes between two dimpled pieces. I see nothing in the archives on this, what is up? I feel this is simple omission, and the holes should be dimpled. Comments anyone?

Last edited:
I don't have any advice on the dimpling, but I am enjoying reading through your build log.

Thanks for taking time to keep track of your progress.

First off, the title reflects some tired fingers and you cannot edit the thred title, SHOULD BE 29-02 and 29-03 Pages. The plans show NOT to dimple the two holes in the upper firewall where it interacts with the second from the right rudder support bracket. The other three bracket areas of the firewall calls out dimples, but not this one. The support has been dimpled, and this would sandwich un dimpled holes between two dimpled pieces. I see nothing in the archives on this, what is up? I feel this is simple omission, and the holes should be dimpled. Comments anyone?

I dont think its worth sweating over Don. Do what you have to for the dimples. Look ahead and see what fixing goes in and do whats needed. There are a few ommisions, some of the more regular contributers have made lists which you can print out. I find I just use the pictures, its more fun!

I think you will overtake me shortly. I am just making the saw stools to support the fuselarge when it comes of the work bench to allow the tailcone to be attached.

Julian RV 120316

Those two holes of the upper firewall and the shelf needs to be dimpled otherwise you will have a problem during installation of your rudder paddles.
Just dimple the brackets, shelf and upper firewall and use two more flush rivets (I did for all four brackets).
I build the fuselage with an earlier version of 29-02. I have a look today (manual is in the garage).

My rudder pedals are all installed already. I can't see that there would be an actual problem if I followed the plans, but it obviously does not make sense not to dimple there. There are four of those brackets, and only three of the sets of holes calls for dimples.

Those two holes of the upper firewall and the shelf needs to be dimpled otherwise you will have a problem during installation of your rudder paddles.
Just dimple the brackets, shelf and upper firewall and use two more flush rivets (I did for all four brackets).
I build the fuselage with an earlier version of 29-02. I have a look today (manual is in the garage).

Back