What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oil Temp reads high??

yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
Did the oil system purge today. I'm one of those who got NO oil out of the return line, but I didn't cut all the tie wraps that were in place so the added hose didn't go straight down but was routed over the tank and down-- that may have had some effect.

During the process I noticed the following:
Ambient temperature 90 deg F.
Both EGT's read 90
Oil temperature read 95!

I thought the Dynon was set up at the factory. I haven't dug into the manual yet but has anyone else seen this or had to reast oil temp readings on the Dynon?

Thanks

Wayne 120241

Did the oil system purge today. I'm one of those who got NO oil out of the return line, but I didn't cut all the tie wraps that were in place so the added hose didn't go straight down but was routed over the tank and down-- that may have had some effect.

During the process I noticed the following:
Ambient temperature 90 deg F.
Both EGT's read 90
Oil temperature read 95!

I thought the Dynon was set up at the factory. I haven't dug into the manual yet but has anyone else seen this or had to reast oil temp readings on the Dynon?

Thanks

Wayne 120241

Totally normal. Wait to see what the engine temps are running. The thermo couples really are not designed for ambient temps.

Fire that baby up! :D

Oil Temps

Yes, when you start the engine you can't even throttle up past 2500 RPM until the oil temp exceeds 120F. If its hot out side you may even see oil temps in the caution range while you are flying. 200F plus!

John
RV12 N1212K

Back