What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oil Pressure Warning

meadeduck

Well Known Member
We've got about 9 hours on our plane and today while enroute to our hangar, the low oil pressure light/warning came on. I had just done a power on stall and about 3 or 4 minutes later, the warning came on. Anyone have any similar experiences? We only had time to pull the top cowling and check for dangling wires, oily messes, and the route of the oil pressure wiring, but hopefully will be able to get back up tomorrow to check it out a little more thoroughly.
Meade and George
N612RV:(

M&G, It is unclear if the light came on in the air or on the ground? Did you find anything after pulling the cowl?

And one other bit of information would be nice to have. When landing, if you were landing, pulling the throttle ALL the way back upon landing and roll out, what is the min RPM you see?

Oil pressure warning

The oil pressure warning came on in the air; George wanted me to cut the engine and glide in, since we were within range of the airport. I guess I should have but I didn't see any other increase in temperatures, and besides, I've never done that, so I didn't. We pulled the cowl, traced the wire coming from the oil pressure switch but didn't see anything strange. I guess next step is to pull the oil pressure switch and see if there's some way to test it.
Thanks for the queries.
Meade

Outcome?

It would be interesting to get an update as to source/warranty/substitution of this part by number.

$400 for an apparently wimpy part - that doesn't seem right to me. Neither does it seem right that Rotax may not warranty this part!!! I sure hope that they do!!!

What was the outcome of the earlier warranty issue? Which other company, if any, stood behind the part on this Rotax engine? Or was it even a part manufactured by Rotax? If not then who makes that part and where can we purchase one for less $$$?

Do we need to put a tee into the plumbing of an 'original install' in anticipation of the need to check Rotax engine oil pressure with a 'manual' guage sometime in the future?

Does anyone from ROTAX monitor this forum? It would be good to hear from ROTAX about this.

Has Van's helped any of you with a ROTAX warranty problem? This is definitely not cool.:(

Back