What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

oil pressure line

mattsmith

Well Known Member
Hi,

mounted my motor last night and ran into a problem, the oil pressure line for the constant speed prop is in the way of the lord mounts. I think this is the very expensive stainless steel line I have heard about.I disconnected the line from the governor pad to get the engine hung and it looks like the line is about a half inch to close. Can this line be bent so it will miss the mount? Thanks for any help, Matt

The oil line

"should" clear the mount. You may have to tweak it a little but I had no problem with that but you will likely have to intall the Oil pressure fitting prior to mounting the engine. If I recall,that fitting calls for a 45 and you wont be able to tighten it with the engine mounted.

the line has two Andel clamps that hold the line to the sump, if i take thes off and twek the line I can make it work but then i cant get the Andel clamps back on. Is it ok to eave thes off? i will try and post a picture. Thanks Matt.

the line has two Andel clamps that hold the line to the sump, if i take thes off and twek the line I can make it work but then i cant get the Andel clamps back on. Is it ok to eave thes off? i will try and post a picture. Thanks Matt.

You cannot (should not, do not!) leave the adel clamps off that line.

Back