What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

oil pressure line

I am struggling to route a oil pressure line from the back case of the 0-320 well. Can anyone suggest a fitting that I can use to take a pressure line from the oil cooler instead??

Not recommended to pull pressure from the cooler. Other restrictive effects (vernatherm) will mess with your instrument. So many have gone before, take another look, it will work.

You did get a VA-128 from Van's? It will make routing the oil pressure line much easier. It does have to be installed before installing your engine.

I have a Skyhawk engine in with modified back case. The problem is that the oil pressure port is really too close to the right upper engine mount (it's dynafocal) . There is another port in the area of the oil cooler port but the bung in it is very tight! Hence why I am interested in tapping from the cooler
- the VA-138 from that might be the answer into a modified coupling.

I have a Skyhawk engine in with modified back case. The problem is that the oil pressure port is really too close to the right upper engine mount (it's dynafocal) .

You probably already knew this but the VA-128 is used to fit in that tight space next to the dynafocal mount. It's a 45 so you can thread the oil line to it without the line hitting the mount. It has to be installed before you hang the engine because the 45 would hit the mount after the engine was installed.

I can send you a photo if needed.

I have the 320 D2G that came from a C172 and it's the basic 0320 layout that works well in RV's. I did have to use a new case to install the fuel pump.

Cam

You probably already knew this but the VA-128 is used to fit in that tight space next to the dynafocal mount. It's a 45 so you can thread the oil line to it without the line hitting the mount. It has to be installed before you hang the engine because the 45 would hit the mount after the engine was installed.

Cam

I think Cam means you can't thread it into the engine with the engine mounted because the fitting will hit the engine mount. It must be installed on the engine before it is installed on the mount, then the 45 deg. fitting will clear and allow attachment of a hose.

I think Cam means you can't thread it into the engine with the engine mounted because the fitting will hit the engine mount. It must be installed on the engine before it is installed on the mount, then the 45 deg. fitting will clear and allow attachment of a hose.

Are you trying to screw with my head? :p

I did say you have to install it before hanging the engine, and that the 45 is to clear the mount once the engine is installed.

But I'm so happy someone reads my posts. My GF sure doesn't listen to me. :D

Back