What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oil drip from fuel pump (Rotax912)

GaryK

Well Known Member
Friend
I've noticed an oil drip coming from the hose connected to the bottom of the fuel pump. I get at least 3 or 4 drips after every flight. It just doesn't seem like something that should be dripping that much.

Any words of wisdom from the Rotax experts.

Thanks
Gary

When the older Pierburg or AC pumps dripped from the weep holes it was time to replace the fuel pump. The new Corona pump can do this and it is considered normal from Rotax. Some may do this and some may not. Many of the new pumps can have a drip or two, but should not have any real flow. Mine has dripped and I don't worry about it.

This is what I was told in school.

Oil drip from fuel pump vent

I, too, have noticed a drop of engine oil from the new fuel pump vent where it ends at the bottom of the cowl on my ship and one other.

Since it was not fuel, I was watchful but not concerned.

mechanical fuel pump pressure

Not quite the same topic but I'm wondering what fuel pressure others are showing with the new fuel pump alone. Mine is showing 3.0 -3.6 at a 2300 rpm idle while warming up. After pulling the Facet fuel pump fuse in flight at 5000 rpm, the new mechanical fuel pump pressure gradually dropped from 3.6 - 4.0 psi to 1.6 psi and then gradually came back up to 2.9 psi.

Back