What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

oil dipstick

db8

Well Known Member
Was wondering if anybody knows the length of the oil dipstick and the barrel length that holds it? I am using a Vans cowl and an o-360 engine (A1A). Would you happen to know the Lycoming part numbers for these and a good place that might sell them? If the length is correct, one that was on an 0-320 should fit on an 0-360 shouldn't it? How many qts of oil are used in this engine? Thanks a bunch. Dave

I'd have to go the airport to measure mine Dave, but if you give Mahlon Russell a call at Mattituck, I bet he can tell you off the top of his head - when they built my engine, he asked what airframe it was going into, and put the right dipstick and tube on - fits perfect!

Paul

There are 3 different lengths for the tube. 75735 (short), 75767 (intermediate), and 75736 (long). There is also 77527 (extension). I have the extension on mine, but I'm not sure which primare tube I have. Whatever I have came out of a Beechcraft Sport and it is just the right length.

Back