What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oil Breather w/ A model, angled oil filter & governor - Picture request

zkvii

Well Known Member
Hi,

We have a IO-360 (vertical), angled oil filter & C/S prop governor, I'm not planning on a oil seperator.

The VANs location seems to clash with both the filter and the governor.....

Any similar setups with pictures of oil breather layout would be wonderful.

Thanks,

Carl

Hi Carl,

If you search for "breather" on my site, you'll find some pictures. I used a straight section of the radiator hose, added a bend to the aluminum tube, and routed it further to the left. I can take some more pictures if it helps you out.

Dave

Rather than struggle with the relatively rigid aluminum tubing in a crowded area, I simply made use of the elbow end of the rubber tubing Vans supplied, then spliced on a much longer piece of 5/8" ID rubber tubing. If you cut off the bell end of the aluminum tubing Vans supplies, that can serve as the coupling between the two pieces of rubber tubing (use a couple of hose clamps to secure). I bought the 5/8" ID tubing from an industrial supply store and it is rated for petroleum products and temperatures up to 200F I believe. Its a lot easier to route rubber tubing than aluminum tubing, although you may still need to wrestle with some adel clamps on the engine mount tubing to hold it in place after you find a good path for it to follow. I believe they recommend terminating the tube so it drips onto the exhaust pipes, minimizing any oil streaks on the belly.

regards

erich weaver

Back