What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oh, The Colors!

petehowell

Well Known Member
Fall is creeping south from Northern Minnesota and has almost reached the Twin Cities. This morning, I converted some AvGas into enjoyment and took some pics of the peaking colors.

These are from the Upper St. Croix River Valley just northeast of the Cities:

Hay%20Days%208-17-10%20096.jpg

Hay%20Days%208-17-10%20097.jpg

Hay%20Days%208-17-10%20098.jpg

Hay%20Days%208-17-10%20099.jpg

This is the dam and powerhouse at Taylor's Falls:
Hay%20Days%208-17-10%20106.jpg

Winter's not far off.......

Gorgeous! We don't get anything like that around here.
No sign of Fall yet in So Cal. Hit 102F today and will be hotter tomorrow. Supposed to hit 106F on Monday! Yikes.

Now wait a minute, Moose...

Beautiful pics, Pete. Those colors are already better than anything we'll get all fall here in Georgia!

Jenny and I have already discussed a flight to visit Mannan Thompson at Cornelia, in the foothills, when the Fall colors start showing. I'm just gonna have to take some pictures and compare them to Pete's.:)

Best,

Pete,

There's one thing for sure.........you do thoroughly enjoy your RV and life in general. Keep it up.

RV4chick and I just got back today from spending the weekend in Durango, CO. We try to go every year so RV4chick can do a "leaf check" for fall color. We weren't disappointed as the Aspens were having a dramatic color change. But I left the camera at home. :(

Jenny and I have already discussed a flight to visit Mannan Thompson at Cornelia, in the foothills, when the Fall colors start showing. I'm just gonna have to take some pictures and compare them to Pete's.:)

Best,

I suspect you'll be disappointed with your pictures, Pierre. I was just noticing the lack of colors in North Georgia last week. The extremely hot temps and lack of rain have caused a huge portion of the trees to just turn brown. I'm sure lots of 'em are dormant and more than a few are dead. My guess is that this will be a very poor fall color season around here.

But I hope I'm proven wrong...

Out west

We can not get close to colors the midwest and east does in fall. Summer
came late this year as is fall. The eastern Sierras have just started their
fall ritual. This was taken on Saturday just south of Bishop, CA looking
west. I was at 10.5K.

p1000412.jpg

we are headed..........

to vermont tomorrow for the leaf peepers flyin to rutland vt. time will tell. camera is new and charged. canon power shot SX210IS 14 mpix / 14 optical zoom.

Back