What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Odyssey beta 0.1.0.3 available for download

Rainier Lamers

Well Known Member
Odyssey beta version 0.1.0.3 is available for download, both Odyssey instrument update as well as Odyssey simulator and screen designer.
For information on fixes/additions see Odyssey update page at www.MGLAvionics.co.za/OdysseyUpdates.htm

It is recommended that all Odysseys be upgraded to this version as it contains some important fixes.

Rainier
CEO MGL Avionics

GPS ILS on Odyssey?

Rainier, I have a question about the Odyssey and the 3D GLS (GPS ILS) feature. Does this follow the published GPS/RNAV approach of a airport? or does it just do a standard 3 degree slope into the runway coordinates?

Thanks!
Christopher.

Rainier, I have a question about the Odyssey and the 3D GLS (GPS ILS) feature. Does this follow the published GPS/RNAV approach of a airport? or does it just do a standard 3 degree slope into the runway coordinates?

Thanks!
Christopher.

It does a ILS approach using an angle that you can select (typically 3 degrees).
RNAV approaches will become available once we have the Jeppesen database working and by that time I suspect the same will be possible via the PocketFMS database as well.

Rainier
CEO MGL Avionics

Back