What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Odyssey battery charger, red light won?t

ron sterba

Well Known Member
I have a odyssey battery 680 in my 9a. The Odyssey battery charger model 2731 when plug into my plug to the battery SHOWS a ?RED? light that?s says CHECK. I then unplugged the charger from the battery and wall outlet. then without the output cord hooked up to the battery I then plugged the charger into the 110 volt wall outlet and it still lights up ?RED? ( next to check). I was told that Van?s doesn?t sell these type chargers anymore. Was there a problem in the past with these chargers? Maybe a recall? Know of a good reliable charger?

Ron in Oregon RV9A flying

The red light means it cannot detect a battery at the other end. Check your connections, wires, any fuses,...
Or test it on a known good car battery, see if the red light goes away.

Well the Red light “check” continued while hooked up to battery.So I trashed the Odyssey charger. I bought a NOCO genius model G3500 charger from a Portland area battery store. Spoke with the owner and decided on his recommendation that the G 3500 is the best for my 680 Odyssey battery.. it can charge 6&12 V. Wet cell, gel cell , Enhanced flooded,Calcium batteries,AGM,Lithium ion. It charges at 14.8 volts 3.5 amps for Odyssey AGM batteries. Has a 12 V repair mode which is an advanced battery recovery mode for repairing and storing, old, idol, damaged, stratified or sulfated batteries. When I hooked up the charger to my battery it showed a 25% charge in it’s analyzing state prior to starting the charging mode. There are four status lights at 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%, . I am very satisfied with this purchase and thought the $75 Price was right. I did call vans to ask about a charger and they indicated they do not sell a charger anymore. I would imagine if you were to Google the model number above you could read all about it I believe I did my homework well On this product. Hope it helps. He would be glad to answer your question at [email protected] ask for Scott.

Ron in Oregon RV9A

Back