What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

OAT probe hole

tim walter

Well Known Member
My plans do not show where to cut the hole for the OAT probe.

Do the latest kits come with the hole already cut?

Anyway, can someone please give me the measurements from each edge and the hole diameter so I can drill it?
thanks
Tim

OAT hole location

Page 31 ? 08 shows the OAT probe hole to be approximatly 1 inch below the edge of the F1270L/F1275CL intersection and 1.25 inches forward of the F1275CL aft edge. The instructions actually say "roughly centered" between the two rows (vertical and horizontal) of rivets in the aft upper corner. The instructions also say drill a number 30 pilot hole and a enlarge to 3/8 inch with a unibit.

Page 31 ? 08 shows the OAT probe hole to be approximatly 1 inch below the edge of the F1270L/F1275CL intersection and 1.25 inches forward of the F1275CL aft edge. The instructions actually say "roughly centered" between the two rows (vertical and horizontal) of rivets in the aft upper corner. The instructions also say drill a number 30 pilot hole and a enlarge to 3/8 inch with a unibit.

Thanks that's what I needed
FYI I don't have section 31
I have 31B which does not mention drilling the hole as far as I can see
I think the newer kits must come with the hole drilled
But I got my fuse kit before skyview and my finish kit after skyview.

Tim,
This may be old information, but I just ran into the same issue. Some digging around I learned that there is a Section 31A as well as a Section 31B. We only were shipped the 31B parts and so there were definite gaps in the plans. It has to do with the change of wing wiring to match the new fuse wiring.
I suspect your kit may be about the same vintage as mine so you too may not have the 31A. Give Vans a call.

Tim,
This may be old information, but I just ran into the same issue. Some digging around I learned that there is a Section 31A as well as a Section 31B. We only were shipped the 31B parts and so there were definite gaps in the plans. It has to do with the change of wing wiring to match the new fuse wiring.
I suspect your kit may be about the same vintage as mine so you too may not have the 31A. Give Vans a call.

thanks Peter
I did get a wing wiring update set of plans
but there's no mention of OAT in there either

I just drilled the hole where everyone else has it, and it seems to be correct
I suppose that I won't know for sure until I put the wings on again.

Back