What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nuclear-Grade Duct Tape

Clay,

This is off topic but I love the paint scheme on your 9A and want to steal it. :p

Do you have any photos you could share?

Do you really think that stuff is better than Gorilla Tape? Have you tried it? If normal duct tape is good for 100MPH, then Gorilla Tape must be good for 300 MPH. I hve used it quite a bit and it seems hard to beat. If I run into some Nuclear grad duct tape I will have to give it a try for comparison.

RC

More to it than just strength

The nice thing about these high performance tapes is that they can be easily removed without leaving a residue, yet somehow still hold strong and can be re-applied over and over. I'm one of those cheap guys that you can catch using the same piece of tape multiple times.

The product I use that acts like this is called gaffers tape. It's great for acting as a clamp of sorts when you need to hold a sheet (of aluminum) out of the way or in place while you work. Also good for wrapping bucking bars and protecting areas that you don't want damaged by said bucking bars. Too many other uses to mention. Never have to worry about it leaving a mess when removed.

Back