What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nubie looking for information

gear1

Well Known Member
Gentlemen,
After an 18 year stretch of not flying (left corporate flying career in 1990 to start a business) I am hoping to fly again. Hopefully someone will be at Hicks field tomorrow (Thursday, September 18) that could show me a bit about the RV aircraft.

Thanks in advance.

Craig Taylor
972-740-1162

Welcome Aboard!

Gentlemen,
After an 18 year stretch of not flying (left corporate flying career in 1990 to start a business) I am hoping to fly again. Hopefully someone will be at Hicks field tomorrow (Thursday, September 18) that could show me a bit about the RV aircraft.

Thanks in advance.

Craig Taylor
972-740-1162

Wow! Here's a real "gearhead" for you car engine guys!

http://www.taylor-race.com/

Last edited:
Welcome !!!!

Gentlemen,

Thanks in advance.

Craig Taylor
972-740-1162

Craig, welcome aboard:D

You have come to the right place.

I seem to recall having seen the name "Hicks" a few times on these forums:rolleyes:

I was just going to post his info but I guess he found this website after all.

Craig is a real nice guy, with some great stories. I did some car stuff with him a few months ago and during dinner one night decided that this guy needs an RV.

So you Hicks guys, show this guy a good time, he'll be a real asset to the RV community.

Cam

... Jay Pratt should be around "working" in his hangar...

"working" - So that's what he calls it?

Craig, welcome to the VAF world of RV's. If you have half the success with this toy as you did in the SCCA world, we will all be better for it!

Yep!

Craig got a ride in the Borrowed Horse. I was 'working' while Roy Geer gave him a ride................. He liked it.

I got a nice email from Craig just a bit ago. Sounds like the group there at Hicks is a great group of guys and a real asset to aviation. Thanks.

Craig, Come out to ShortStop for a visit. About 28 miles NE of Plano. I've got a 15 year old -6 and a 92% -9A in the shop. Don't like to talk airplanes, but if you twist my arm...........
972-784-7544

Craig, Come out to ShortStop for a visit. About 28 miles NE of Plano. I've got a 15 year old -6 and a 92% -9A in the shop. Don't like to talk airplanes, but if you twist my arm...........
972-784-7544

I've heard that line before! Don't let him fool you!!! :D

Thanks

Gentlemen,

Thank all of you who have posted to my "Newbie" post! Doug Reeves called me last Wednesday evening with a personal invitation to Jay Pratt's birthday party. What a great day! I learned a great deal about the RV series of aircraft, and Jay actually loaned his "Borrowed Horse" RV8 to Roy Geer so that I could have a flight experience. The RV community is really impressive; all kinds of people with one thing in common: the RV aircraft. At Jay's party (great mexican food) I had the opportunity to ask a bunch of questions, which were happily answered by Mike Heberling an others around the table. After lunch Roy Geer showed off the capabilities of "borrowed Horse" and I was most impressed. (Don't worry, Jay, Roy was nice to your RV8, and made two perfect no-bounce greasers just to impress me.) I had not expected the solid feel of the RV8, as my light aircraft experience has been in the C150and C172.

And, Mel, I will come out to Shortstop. I'll give you a call this week.

Again, thank you all for your generosity and hospitality. I'll be back.....

Craig Taylor

Thanks

Gentlemen,

Thank all of you who have posted to my "Newbie" post! Doug Reeves called me last Wednesday evening with a personal invitation to Jay Pratt's birthday party on Thursday. What a great day! I learned a great deal about the RV series of aircraft, and Jay actually loaned his "Borrowed Horse" RV8 to Roy Geer so that I could have a flight experience. The RV community is really impressive; all kinds of people with one thing in common: the RV aircraft. At Jay's party (great mexican food) I had the opportunity to ask a bunch of questions, which were happily answered by Mike Heberling an others around the table. After lunch Roy Geer showed off the capabilities of "borrowed Horse" and I was most impressed. (Don't worry, Jay, Roy was nice to your RV8, and made two perfect no-bounce greasers just to impress me.) I had not expected the solid feel of the RV8, as my light aircraft experience has been in the C150and C172.

And, Mel, I will come out to Shortstop. I'll give you a call this week.

Again, thank you all for your generosity and hospitality. I'll be back.....

Craig Taylor

Back