What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Notice when Empennage kit is delivered?

Did you guys get any notice of what time your empennage kit was going to be delivered? Mine is expected (#120893, thanks very much) on Friday, but to my brother's house. And he won't be there. And I want to get that box inside, warm and dry ASAP.

I worked out the delivery schedule with the freight carrier. They usually give you a call. As I recall it was easily handled by one person. On some (e.g. The engine) you're going to want to arrange for a forklift.

I worked out the delivery schedule with the freight carrier. They usually give you a call. As I recall it was easily handled by one person. On some (e.g. The engine) you're going to want to arrange for a forklift.
The arrangement for me has always been for either a morning or afternoon delivery. No specific time, I've always asked for a call from the driver an hour before delivery. He usually called about a half hour before he got there. I've always arranged for help but, so far, the driver (and sometimes his helper) has offloaded all my kits (Emp, wing, fuse, finish) from the truck himself and moved them into my garage. I think it was ABF each time.

If you have access to a pickup or SUV sometimes it is easier to just pick up the crates at the freight company's location. That's what I did.

Maybe we should start a VAF pool to guess when kit #1,000 is shipped.

Scott, is it going to be labelled #121000?

Maybe we should start a VAF pool to guess when kit #1,000 is shipped.

Scott, is it going to be labelled #121000?

Yes.

But technically it is already past 1000.
The complete kits that get built into S-LSA RV-12's are on a different numbering system.

The S-LSA's have now surpassed serial # 50, so we are already well over 1000 build starts

Edit: I guess the sinus meds are making me a bit dyslexic..... Looks like we haven't hit 1000 yet (I thought Brendan's # was 120983)

Last edited:
Back