What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Not supplied wheel and brake parts?

MekMouse

As I'm planning the next -10 related parts acquisition I'm in kind of a unique spot. When I ordered the fuse kit, the wheel and brake items were part of the finish kit. Now those items are in the Fuse kit.

I'm planning to go with the Matco setup. So aside from the obvious tires, tubes, wheels and brakes.

Which parts should I expect to be short by clicking the 'Already have wheels and brakes' box when ordering the finish kit?

(and yes, I'm paying attention to the seats thread :sick:)

I would send this question to Van's. Surely you're not the only one that's been caught in between kit orders like this.

I would send this question to Van's. Surely you're not the only one that's been caught in between kit orders like this.
Got that e-mail out waiting on a response. But was wondering if someone in this immense knowledge bank could answer before the Mothership 🥸

I'm interested in what you hear as well. I'm in a similar situation. I'm getting closer to needing to order the finish kit...... I've looked at some of Matco stuff to buy, but don't have a definitive list yet.

For those who have not yet ordered the finish kit, here is what I deleted and purchased from Matco on main wheels and brakes, tubes, replacement nose wheel (valve stem placed better) and nose wheel axle.

This was April 2022 so I suspect prices have changed.
Carl

WHLA24SPKIT - SPACER, AXLE24 KIT
WHLWI600XLT-2 - WHL &BRK WI600 RV-10 CONFIG
SWFT-6I - Swiftline Kit for WHLBI600 & BI600XLT
TIRTU1566/90 - TUBE, 15X600X6 TR87 90 DEG STEM
WHLNW511.25 - NOSEWHEEL, 5" 1.25

Subtotal. $1,848.24

Thanks for that insight Carl. 🙂

I did get a response back from the Mothership but not super helpful.
"You will probably need to order the brake lines that now come with the wheel and brake kits. You will have to review RV-10 KAI Sections 36 and 38 to be sure."

Back