What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nosewheel Fairing Bracket - old design

Andreas68

I'm looking for an old design nosewheel fairing bracket (one or two) if anyone has upgraded to the new design and still has a functional, old design bracket in their hangar or on the shelf. I just riveted a new one (old design) but broke the other side bracket in the process of removing the nose wheel fairing. So not ready to update yet and Van's is out of the old style bracket.

If you have one or two of these and would be willing to sell & mail to me at a reasonable cost, I would be much obliged.

Tried to include a picture of the bracket but I was unable to with the limited options for attaching images on this site. I'm assuming the old style brackets for the RV6/6A and RV7/7A are the same (I have a 7A).

Thanks

Steve G
RV7A
email: [email protected]
phone/text: (360) 561-3803

It shouldn't be too hard to fabricate one if you have some .040 (you need to confirm the size, as I am guessing on size) sheet laying around. It's just four bends and your going to have to match drill new ones anyways. You can use wood pieces with radiused edges to do this in a bench vice. I have made quite a few parts like this. You may have a problem with someone's "take offs" as the holes may be close to yours and leave you with problems.

If you do find donor parts, don't forget that the front and back are different and I vaguely remember the left and right being unique as well.

Larry

Last edited:
Back