What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nose Wheel Leg Attachment

todehnal

Well Known Member
I know this is a little pre-mature, but does enyone know, for sure, if the nose wheel leg on the RV-12 attaches to the engine mount, similar to other RVs, or not?
Thanks,

Tom

I'd say no

The nutplates on the forward lower firewall section are for mounting the front tube. I have not seen the bottom completely, but I don't think the motor mount is anyway connected to the front gear tube. Jerry Greenburgs pictures, and the main site pictures, I believe show what you are asking.

John Bender

More Nosewheel

Hey John,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I looked on Jerry's site, but I couldn't tell for sure. I do have access to a set of fuselage prints and I will see if I can figure it out. Any other tips or guidance on the subject from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Right now it is still a mystery as to how that nosewheel is attched.

More Nose Gear Leg

Hey John,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I checked Jerry's site, but I really didn't see any structre on the firewall, or on the tunnel that looked like a nose gear leg attachment location. Nor, do I see any likely hard points on the firewall, or on the tunnel that looked stury enough for a motor mount attachment point. Maybe I have spent too much time around previous RV designs. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Tom

I See The Light

I finally got to see a good shot of the nose gear leg attachment that Jerry took. It was then obvious that the gear leg has a large plate that attaches directly to the bottom of the fusealge and it looks good and sturdy. Still not sure about the engine mount attachment points though.

Tom

Engine mount

The engine mount is higher up from the front gear nutplates. 2 on the lower FWD plate, 2 on the upper plate ( above shelf ).

John Bender

Back