What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nose tire stem

Pat Stewart

Well Known Member
I put the 10 on its feet this weekend. It all went well with no issues except for one. When I mounted the nose wheel, the tire valve stem cap contacted the fork as the tire rotated. With the cap off it misses it. I understand the simple answer is too leave the cap off. Anyone else had this problem.

Pat

As I understand it, almost everyone had issue. I installed the new Matco axle and with it I could install a plastic cap with a fair amount of clearance.
Ron

everybody has experienced this. I guess the wheel pants are really just for keeping the dirt off the valve stem. :)

I plan on using the new axle too, but I've also heard of some folks "carefully" putting a 90 degree bend in the valve stem.

Phil

Matco considers the correct rim for the 5.00-5 tire to be the WHLNW511.25 and not the NW501.25 that Vans ships with the kit. From what I understand from researching this in the newsgroups is that exchanging for the 511.25 rim with Matco solves the valve stem interference problem.

Matco considers the correct rim for the 5.00-5 tire to be the WHLNW511.25 and not the NW501.25 that Vans ships with the kit. From what I understand from researching this in the newsgroups is that exchanging for the 511.25 rim with Matco solves the valve stem interference problem.

I've already exchanged mine. No charge except shipping. The Matco folks know exactly what you're talking about so it's a no brainer.
John

Back