What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nose gear leg fairing question

maxmirot

Well Known Member
I ordered an new gear leg for my 2008 7A after the tip where the hose clamp fell off. They sent part # U-00021. It looks total different from the old one.
I am confused. I am not even sure it will fit. Did the change the nose gear.
Should I have different part.

Attachments

• 20231203_143935.jpg
    20231203_143935.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 55
If it's like the MLG fairings, they come oversized because it fits more than one model. You trim it to fit your application per the template drawing in the build manual. That means trimming both for length and chord wise.

New Nose Gear

It looks like the one on the left if for the new nose gear. When I converted mine plane over to the new nose gear, the fairing was a little different, and looked like the one on the left. I am not sure of the differences, maybe the new one is longer???

What Pilotjohns said. The fairing is for the new elastomeric nose gear. I’ll check in my hangar and see if I kept the old fairing. If I did, you can have it.

Max, I had the regular nose gear fairing in my hangar. It is unused and in its original condition. PM me with your address and I’ll ship it out to you. If everything is OK, just keep me whole on the shipping cost.

Back