What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Non-Controversial LCP question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfleming

Well Known Member
Patron
So I searched and searched (VAF & Van's ) but can't find the answer to this question.

I have a RV-8 rudder built and in service. It was was purchased as a standalone rudder kit in August of 2022. I'm up on what parts are affected, so there's that.

My question is:

Were parts delivered during that timeframe both punched and LCP?

The reason I ask is, my rudder parts had no obvious signs of being LCP...no slag splatting, notched holes or cracking. Just as a data point, I don't remember if they were covered in blue vinyl.

As an aside, I and I'm sure DR are not interested in making this a dumping ground for peoples frustrations...and I do empathize with everyone involved.

I was wondering the same thing so I looked on Van’s site. When I looked at the RV-7 category and then looked at when my kit was delivered I realized I was in the clear. There is a table of kits with LCPs and when they were first in inventory.

If your parts fall within the affected date range, that means it is possible you received a laser-cut part(s) because that is the first date on which the part was available. It's also possible you received a punched part. To determine with certainty which was received, you will have to inspect the part.

Van's will soon be communicating revised laser-cut parts lists, to include a list specific to each individual kit or parts order, based on the dates the parts for that order were pulled from inventory. As part of our ongoing assessment that runs through mid-November, our team has been working to manually retrieve the actual dates on which each kit's/order's parts were pulled from the shelves to be packed/crated, and then determining the status of each part pulled based on that date. We will be able to communicate that to all customers (for kit shipments, backorder shipments, and replacement part orders) in the near future.

We'll also be posting an updated laser-cut parts list soon. We have revised some of the dates and some of the parts on the list have been reclassified.

We will share this information and post the new lists when we reach the end of the assessment project. In the meantime, access to the customer portal has been suspended until we have the newer and more-specific data available to share. The parts information saved by each customer on the portal has been recorded. Thank you.​

Last edited:
If your parts fall within the affected date range, that means it is possible you received a laser-cut part(s) because that is the first date on which the part was available. It's also possible you received a punched part. To determine with certainty which was received, you will have to inspect the part...............​

Thanks Greg!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back