What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

No longer RV Dreamin

RVdreamin

PAID my dues for VAF, been working with Mike at CAT to get tooled up Mike's awesome), watch a gazillion Youtubes and EAA videos, and completed the Sport Air Sheet Metal class this weekend (Worth it)....and now....finally....ordered the empennage for the RV-9A. Excited....scared....but feeling GREAT!

Congratulations!!

Jimmy, congrats on taking the first bite :D

elephant_one_bite.jpg

PAID my dues for VAF, been working with Mike at CAT to get tooled up Mike's awesome), watch a gazillion Youtubes and EAA videos, and completed the Sport Air Sheet Metal class this weekend (Worth it)....and now....finally....ordered the empennage for the RV-9A. Excited....scared....but feeling GREAT!

Welcome aboard.

Jimmy, congrats on the first "bite" as Mike stated. You are in for a great ride. Speaking of rides, I get by that way a lot while traveling. I also see you are a paid VAF member. Email me your contact info and I will stop by and get you a RV-6 ride one of these days.

ps time to change your profile. You are no longer "dreaming of an RV-9a" you are officially an RV builder. Exciting, isn't it?

Awesome Jimmy. Welcome to the building funny farm! Mark a finish date on your calendar about 4 years from now, mark down a target budget number on a spreadsheet... Then crumple both of them up and trash 'em! :D

In all seriousness, enjoy the build. It has its ups and downs, but worth it. And in the end, you have your own personal cloud-hopping fun machine.

Tail is 98% knowledge gained and only 2% plane built

Jimmy congratulations! The empennage is probably the most memorable sub kit. You are up for a great adventure please keep us informed. Roll your sleeves and make some workbenches. Buy right primer :)

Good luck with your project! It is quite the journey, and very rewarding getting that first kit started (and completed).

Back