What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

No Hole Yoke for Hand Squeezer?

You need Avery part no. 9400. It is capable of using those yokes plus all the similar yokes common with the pneumatic squeezer. I am unaware of a source of yokes for the squeezer that you currently have.

Make one. Recess the top jaw and grind down a flat die. Lot cheaper than buying a special tool and will still work with longer dies when required???.

TATCO Hand Rivet Squeezer

Steve,

The "stainless hand rivet squeezer" that you have referenced on Bob Avery's site is a Taiwanese made clone of the American made TATCO Hand Rivet Squeezer. The Taiwanese have not gotten around to cloning the TATCO "No Hole" Yoke (yet), but the good news is that you can use a genuine TATCO yoke on the Taiwan made clone from Avery.

I sell the genuine TATCO "no hole" yoke here:
http://www.browntool.com/Default.aspx?tabid=255&CategoryID=55&List=1&Level=a&ProductID=186

I believe that Isham's also sells the genuine TATCO "No Hole" Yoke.

Deciding whether to use a hand rivet squeezer that uses pneumatic style yokes or a TATCO style hand rivet squeezer is one of the never ending debates and both choices have advantages and disadvantages.

Avery & Cleaveland both sell excellent quality hand rivet squeezers that they make in their respective shops that allow you to use the same yokes that you would use on a CP214 (or one of the many clones) style Pneumatic Squeezer. The disadvantage here is that the yokes are heavier. The obvious advantage is that you can easily interchange yokes between your hand rivet squeezer and pneumatic squeezer.

The TATCO yokes are made of solid stainless and are lighter than the yokes used on pneumatic squeezers. The advantage of using the TATCO or a similar clone is the lighter weight and smaller size. The disadvantage being that you cannot use the same yokes on your TATCO squeezer that you use on your pneumatic squeezer.

Hope this helps.

Michael Brown
Brown Aviation Tool Supply Co.
www.browntool.com

Last edited:
Thanks for the info everyone. That's exactly what I was looking for, Michael. I placed my order.

Back