What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New VAF Member and RV7 Owner

Foxman

I'm New Here
Hi All,
After a decade+ of perusing this site, I'm now finally a member. I've been searching for the right RV7 for as long as I've been lingering around this site. In May I bought an RV7 project that is close to completion. The experienced builder was building it as a show plane, it is meticulous and one of the nicest builds I've seen in my years of looking. He had about 2000 hours into it with 300-500 remaining. It came with a brand new Superior XP-360, Whirlwind composite CS prop, slider canopy, and pretty much all parts and interior to finish with more upgrades than I can list. I have my panel on order with a shop, here is what I'm going with:

G3X (single)
G5 EFI backup
GNX-375 GPS / Transponder
GNC-215 NAV / COMM radio (new this year from Garmin)
GMA-245 Audio Panel
GMC-507 AP controller
Artex ELT 345

Thoughts or feedback on the panel options? Hope this will be a highly capable IFR platform and a great cross-country flier. I still have a lot to learn. The plane will be based in CO with frequent missions to the west coast eventually. Great to be on here finally and a part of this incredible group! Thank you for the years of content and knowledge that I've been able to glean from you all which helped drive my decision to go with an RV. Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_5478.jpg
    IMG_5478.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
Welcome to the forums !! You bought an RV so now you're screwed :ROFLMAO: and I say this in an extremely positive way because you'll now know the joy of owning and flying an RV and it'll be hard to look at something else to own in the future. Top 3 planes I've ever owned and I'd still own my RV-8 if it weren't for my back issues.

Mine is a 7 but it has everything you listed. I love the system.

Attachments

• IMG_4941.jpeg
    IMG_4941.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5040.jpeg
    IMG_5040.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
Back