What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New seats

bstell

I'm New Here
Anyone got a lead on someone making seats? I got a quote from Oregon aero and it's a little outta my price range. I might order the cores and get them covered locally. Thanks!

You could try Lemke, I think they're in Germany. I got mine from Flight Line interiors and am very happy with them. Last I knew the lead time was 9 months.

DJ at Cleveland Air Tool did my seats. Two of my airplanes so far, and she does good work. I’m very happy with them. Lead time, a little less than a year ago, was around 6 weeks I think. She’s been building interiors for RV’s for a long time.

Anyone got a lead on someone making seats? I got a quote from Oregon aero and it's a little outta my price range. I might order the cores and get them covered locally. Thanks!

I don't know if all the airports are like Corona. It has a couple of aircraft interior shops and their prices are reasonable. They build interior for RV, Cessna, etc.... Why don't you get a price from your local shops and save the shipping. I just bought the Vans seat blanks and cover them myself.

You could try Lemke, I think they're in Germany. I got mine from Flight Line interiors and am very happy with them. Last I knew the lead time was 9 months.

Flightline Interiors is excellent....real quality work and very cost-effective. They did the leather interior for my plane's OB and 10 years later a newer one for me much more recently. At that time (two years ago) their lead time was 9 months....Abby told me they were absolutely swamped. Now...I note that their lead times have become so ridiculous that they have (temporarily) suspended taking new orders while they continue to clear their order log.

seats

there is a place in Woodbridge VA that did mine for 1300.00. I supplied the foam. PM me for info.
Dave

You can do it the old-fashioned homebuilt airplane way and make them yourself. I made mine and learned to sew to boot. Doing things yourself is what homebuilt airplanes are supposed to be about. Total cost maybe $100 for everything.

My wife could probably help you. I mentioned her services at HBC last week.
Check her out on IG @nantahala_upholstery. The blue seats are on my RV7.
Sending you a PM with contact info.

Last edited:
Back