What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New RV looker

OrgRucks

I'm New Here
So, I've been thinking about buying a plane for a while. Recently, I starting to talking to a friend who is building an RV-10. And it got me thinking, more seriously, into building.

So, I really starting thinking about it, and I'm thinking that a 7 would be a good fit for me. But, I honestly don't know...from a lot of different perspectives.

So I was wondering if I might be able to solicit some help on this. I haven't done a real thorough look at the forum for the 7/7a, so I that's something I'm going to be doing in the next few days. One thing that would be necessary, for me, would to be able to see a finished 7 or 7a (or two).

I'm out at PDK and LZU in the Atlanta area. I was wondering if I could inconvenience someone for a sort bit, and give me the opportunity to talk.

If you don't want to put yourself out there in the forum, PM works too. I'm very intested in doing this. But it really has to make sense. And right now, I really don't know if it does.

Hopefully I'm not overstepping my boundaries too much, with this being my first post and all.

Welcome!

Welcome to the community. I'm sure there are plenty of folks in the Atlanta area who would be more than willing to talk RVs with you. If you're lucky you might even find yourself the recipient of a "free" ride. The most expensive free ride you'll ever get because after that, like the rest of us here, you'll be convinced that nothing in the certified world can hold a candle to RVs.

Keep us posted!

Welcome to VAF! (Ha, beat Mike on this one!)(but not krw5927)

There are a bunch of RVs in the Atlanta area and I suspect you'll have offers by this afternoon - wait, it is afternoon there.

greg

Welcome

Welcome to the forum. I would suggest maybe getting in touch with the local eaa chapter. I bet they have a bunch of folks that can show you some rvs of various types. After I had worked on mine about a year I went to an a&p in Greenville to ask a couple of questions and he put me in touch with the eaa chapter. Wow, was I surprised at how many rv folks there were. If you happen to get to the Spartanburg area you are welcome to look at mine but it is not ready for rides yet.
Good luck!

LZU has a pile of RV's.

The LZU chapter meets the first Saturday of each month.

Peachtree City has a pile of RV's as well. Check www.eaa.org/calendar.

Covington meets on the 3rd Saturday for breakfast at their hangar at the airport.

Best,

Welcome Rucks!

Go to the RV White Pages and click on 'Sorted by Country' (direct link http://www.vansairforce.net/rvwp_country.pdf). You'll find a few folks there in Atlanta - partial screen capture below.

nqosl.jpg

Best of luck and again welcome,
Doug

So, I've been thinking about buying a plane for a while. Recently, I starting to talking to a friend who is building an RV-10. And it got me thinking, more seriously, into building.

So, I really starting thinking about it, and I'm thinking that a 7 would be a good fit for me. But, I honestly don't know...from a lot of different perspectives.

So I was wondering if I might be able to solicit some help on this. I haven't done a real thorough look at the forum for the 7/7a, so I that's something I'm going to be doing in the next few days. One thing that would be necessary, for me, would to be able to see a finished 7 or 7a (or two).

I'm out at PDK and LZU in the Atlanta area. I was wondering if I could inconvenience someone for a sort bit, and give me the opportunity to talk.

If you don't want to put yourself out there in the forum, PM works too. I'm very intested in doing this. But it really has to make sense. And right now, I really don't know if it does.

Hopefully I'm not overstepping my boundaries too much, with this being my first post and all.

Weekly Gathering in Peachtree City,Ga

The Falcon RV Squadron meets weekly at the Mellow Mushroom Pizza on Hwy 74 on Tuesdays at 11:30. We typically have 10-20 and definitely talk RV's. We have over 50 in our group and put up multiple flights and formations per week.

Come check us out!

Last edited:
If you are at LZU, definitely come to the pancake breakfast. I'm just a few hangars down from the EAA chapter hangar. I'd be glad to talk shop.

The Falcon RV Squadron meets weekly at the Mellow Mushroom Pizza on Hwy 74 on Tuesdays at 11:30. We typically have 10-20 and definitely talk RV's. We have over 50 in our group and put up multiple flights and formations per week.

Come check us out!

A weekly gathering for pizza at Mellow Mushroom? Sounds like some weight and balance challenges ahead. yum.

If you are going to build, just remember the journey is the destination.

Make sure you enjoy the building and have time for it, otherwise you will never finish. Remember, the road to a homebuilt is littered with discarded projects (and spouses).

However, the reward at the end is worth the challenges.

Welcome!

Back