What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New RV at LZU

walkman

Well Known Member
By way of introduction, there's a new RV at LZU

I flew RV-6 N905RG to its new home last night (indicating 165kts at 2,000' and 24 squared - yipeee!).

I hope to be at the EAA breakfast next weekend, and might just taxi it across the ramp and park over there just for grins.

If you see someone bouncing an RV down the runway, its just me learning how to land a tail-dragger :)

I'm over in one of the EAA hangars. There are 7 RVs (at last count) in the hangars adjacent to the 690 chapter hangar. We'll be looking for you!

I'm over in one of the EAA hangars. There are 7 RVs (at last count) in the hangars adjacent to the 690 chapter hangar. We'll be looking for you!

I'm T hangar D1 facing the EAA hangars across the ramp.

Blue and grey over white

n905rg.shutterfly.com

Speaking of the breakfast...I'm planning on coming out as well, and I'd love to meet some of you folks. Especially if one of you has an -8 I can sit in and make airplane noises. (I'm a tall dude, and I do want to make sure I fit OK before I start building, you know...)

I'll definitely keep an eye out for the -6. :)

Brandi and I might to try to make it out to the breakfast on Saturday if drive-ins are ok? Always motivational to take a couple hours break from building to check out RVs and meet EAA/VAF people. What time do things usually get started?

Brandi and I might to try to make it out to the breakfast on Saturday if drive-ins are ok? Always motivational to take a couple hours break from building to check out RVs and meet EAA/VAF people. What time do things usually get started?

Absolutely drive-ins are OK. Just drive over to LZU and follow the EAA 690 and pancake breakfast signs. We are on the north side of the field.

Usually we eat around 9:00. More information can be found here.

http://www.690.eaachapter.org/

EAA 690 Pancake Breakfast

The EAA Pancake Breakfast at Lawrenceville, GA usually has a host of RV builders and flyers. In fact, RVs fly in from all over the Southeast and it often looks like a RV flyin. Ground pounders are also welcome.

The food is great and the program is often interesting (this week we have Ms. Amy Hudnall, Associate Director for Georgia's Center of Innovation for Aerospace where she manages business outreach and workforce development programs. Her presentation will be an overview of Georgia's Aerospace Industry).

Best of all, however, we have great fellowship and a hanger full of builders, flyers and other enthusiasts.

Chapter 690 is exceptionally RV friendly (especially since I am the new Pres.). We hope to see you at the Breakfast this Saturday morning.

Maybe.

Hi Steve...and all the guys 'n gals.

I hope to get through this lousy wx in Arkansas today, with my PT-6 gearbox in the back seat of the -10 and also make it to your breakfast on Saddy!

Best,

Hope to see you there!

Don't think the wx will cooperate but please feel free to taxi across! I'll let you sit in my -3 if you are feeling froggy!
Best
Brian

Don't think the wx will cooperate but please feel free to taxi across! I'll let you sit in my -3 if you are feeling froggy!
Best
Brian

We made it out and I even got in the air for an hour or so this afternoon and bounced a few in.

Thuy and I enjoyed breakfast and we met a lot of nice folks.

Back