What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New RV-9 Builder

Future RV 9 Flyer

Hello, I am new to this site, and having recently purchased tail kit (completed except for elevator), I am looking for all the help, advice & encouragement you can share with me. Especially looking for advice on slider vs tip-up. Thanks, Dave from Marathon, WI

Lots of info and debate in the archives, I would start with the search function, that will keep you busy for days, then if you have more specific questions, ask and you shall receive numerous views and opinions. Welcome! Glenn

Look in the "never-ending debate" section (but there's really no question - the tipup is better:D).

Welcome,

greg

Dave,

Welcome! As you can already see, everyone is helpful, but no one agrees. I have the final answer on this, however. Build one each and see which you really like! You can give the other one to me...

Bob

Hey Future RV9 Flyer,

What are you going to do when you become a current RV 9 flyer? Will you be changing your user name? :confused:

I had a similar issue after I sold my Aeronca. I thought Aeroncaflyer was a good email address until that happened. Oh well. There are more important things to stress about during your build.

Have fun and check here often. You'll find the answers to all your questions right here.

Oh and by the way, slider is the way to go! :D

sit in one of each and then decided. Just remember to build the plane YOU want and not the plane others want you to build.

You will find that some (most?) members of this board want you to build a clone of their airplane.

Thanks everyone.I plan on taking the metal building classes in Oshkosh the end of January and then the building starts. This is going to be fun.

Back