What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New RV-7A builder

KC10FE

Hello all, I have followed this forum for some time now... and have decided to take the plunge and ordered the Emp. and wing kit the other day. The emp. will be here tomorrow and the wing will be here in a few weeks......I look forward to utilizing your guys knowledge to get me from point A to point B. Thanks in advance....see ya soon.

Welcome.....

...... to VAF Erik!! My emp kit arrived at the beginning of the month but my tools have been stuck in customs all week so there has been somewhat of a delay in starting construction :(

I'm a Canadian Air Force Air Traffic Control Officer on the East Coast. We have the KC 10 fleet from Brusnwick, Maine in town on a monthly basis. Really cool having those guys around!! See them all the time at altitude, tanking the fast movers, prior to the jump across the pond, or vice versa!

Good luck with the build. I'm sure we'll be talking to each other a fair amount as both our builds progress.

Cheers

Chris

I just started building RV-7 3 weeks ago, just done with Horizontal Stab, and working on the Vertical Stab now.

Erik,
Way to go! I am about finished with the emp and cannot believe what I have learned and how much real fun it is. Even the tasks I hate (like rebuilding my rudder because I'm an idiot) still give me great satisfaction. With the rudder, specifically, I get to see how my skills have improved over just a few weeks. Have fun!

Excellent Erik!! It's such a rewarding journey to undertake. Enjoy it all, and ask away! Welcome to the fold...

:cool:

Congratulations

Good Luck, Erik...My 7a is ready for its first flight, hopefully within the next month or so..I'm happy to let you take my "builders spot"!!!!

Back