What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New RV-6A owner

La Flama Blanca

I'm New Here
Gents,
I am brand new to the forum and just bought an RV-6A based at 29 Palms CA airport. I am in the USMC as a F-18 pilot doing a FAC tour in 29 palms. I am looking for any owner/contacts in the area to BS with/fly with and learn more about the airplane. In search of a hangar to share in the area if anyone knows anyone who might be interested. I have a potential contact to share in 29Palms but his hangar might not be big enough to add me in.

Nice user name! Do you call you're section the charros? I used to hate going to the stumps every year when I was in the Corps. Worst part was using the head in tent city in the middle of the night. No walls around the crappers and some random dude would always walk in and sit right next to you and want to have a conversation!

Tell us about the -6A. It probably newer than the -18 you are flying!

welcome, get the pics coming, we want to see and hear what you are flying! nice to see you picked a great model too. my favorite. you should find plenty of help on the other coast. you may need to visit air venture this year as they are celebrating the 30 years rv6 model.
P1000410.jpg

Welcome! Like you, I bought a flying 6A in 2011. Great airplane! Just keep your nosewheel unloaded, and give us more details:)

Congrats!

Great to hear from you. Welcome to VAF. Send photos. We love our 6a. If you get some leave bring it out to Colorado to visit!

Geoff

Welcome to the Forum brother, and congrats on your -6A purchase! They are great airplanes and a lot of fun to fly! And yes, even fun to work on since you can do many things yourself! The forum is awesome and provides a wealth of information too!

So we're pretty well separated being as how I'm on the East Coast, but feel free to contact me or send a PM if you have any questions as you get to know the airplane. I bought my RV-6 this past June, and I love it! 6 months later, I am still learning so much about it! I'm a 53 bubba here at Quantico, did a FAC tour recently as well. When I make it out West, I will look you up.

Any pictures of the plane? Year built, engine, avionics, type prop? Just curious.

Cheers, Rich

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase. I too just bought a new RV-7 and have been asking plenty of newbie questions on this great forum. Everyone here has been extremely helpful.

I am also a Marine pilot. Flew F/A-18's in VMFA(AW)-533 in the early 2000's and spent way too much time out at 29 Palms. Now I'm flying for VMR in New Orleans as a Reservist. What squadron were you in and what time frame?

Semper Fi.

another MCAGCC flyer

I made a tank fly (once) at 29 Palms...

Not too far, and not too high; we'll just call it a high speed taxi test.;)

I'll keep you in mind for an RV fly-in at KRNM this spring; lots of 6 builders, pilots, etc.

Pics

Man, Thanks for the warm welcome gents. I will see if I can figure out this posting picture thing, it said file too large last time I tried but didn't spend a whole lot of time to figure it out. It's got the O-320E2d 150 HP, only 95hrs on it! and 190 on airframe. The builder I bought from unfortunately lost his med so I felt terrible buying it since he didn't get to fly much. But, I'm glad to have it, starting first oil change this weekend flying out to Corona CA to get the oil.

Back