What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New RV-6 Owner

Peter M

Hi all

I've been watching this site and the wealth of information it contains for about a year now while I procrastinated about purchasing an RV. The information I found here was instrumental in my decision to purchase a used RV-6. It's a great comfort to know there's so many people out there who freely give up time and information to help their fellow aviators.

Anyway ... I've now purchased ZK-VRV a pristine RV-6 with TTSN on the engine and airframe of 141hrs. My rating (endorsement) has been signed off and I now have the freedom to start learning about and enjoying this great aircraft. The "RV grin" is firmly attached :)

The Best of Both Worlds

I don't know how it could get any better on this earth--to own a new (to you) RV and to live where you do. I envy you, brother.

Congratulations! Be safe while you're getting to know your new bird.

Welcome Aboard

Welcome Aboard Peter. Nice to have you here. You are going to love your new -6. It's everything you have read and heard about.

Have fun and be safe.

ps On a side note, I can't believe I beat Mike to a "welcome" but then, it's still very early in California.....:D

Peter, you bought an RV for the exact same reason I built one: lots and lots of available support and assistance.

I know there are plenty of RVators in your country, too. Welcome aboard.

Jim Bower
St. Louis, MO
RV-6A N143DJ - flying since 8/2011

Have fun

Peter

Enjoy your new RV. Now it will easy to pop across to the mainland :D
are you basing it in nzwn or nzpp?

Cheers

Peter

PS I flew out of windy Wellington for about 4 years, never a dull day!

KiwiPete

Sorry for the delay ...

ZK-VRV is based in Paraparaumu (NZPP). The "mainland" is only a short hop, skip and jump for me and I regularly cross the Cook Strait (with my life jacket on). Last weekend I did my first cross country in her of any consequence. A lovely early evening flight from Paraparaumu to Christchurch at 140kts and 1:20. I can't get over how much ground she can cover so quickly. I don't think New Zealand is going to be big enough for us.

KiwiPete
I can't get over how much ground she can cover so quickly. I don't think New Zealand is going to be big enough for us.

Australia seems possible with a little extra fuel. Can I go? :D

New Zealand might be a small country at RV speeds, but it's a bit less boring than most! There's an airport in Millford Sound that would be absolutely spectacular!

James

Yes a trip across the ditch in my RV6 is definitely planned, although to be honest, I think it's a little marginal and will require exactly the right conditions. There's a lot more study to be done but if I can I will.

I've flown privately in Australia on numerous trips and have clocked up almost 200hrs there. I love the peacefulness and remoteness of the outback and the characters you meet. Although New Zealand is spectacular, Australia is equally spectacular in its own way.

Cheers

Good luck with your new 6, Peter! I was in exactly the same position a little over a year ago when I purchased my flying 6A, and the past year has been by far the best 12 months of flying in my 25 years of aviating. Congratulations, respect the airplane's differences from typical GA aircraft, and have fun!

Oh...and make your donation to Doug; this forum is absolutely invaluable to new and old RV pilots alike, and it's in everyone's interest to make sure it stays online:)

Saw you at northshore

Hi Peter just watched your plane fly into northshore. A very nice machine that caught my attention. We have around 8 rv's on the field

Back