What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New RV-3A owner with a few questions for the group

arunnells

Well Known Member
Good day, I have a couple questions about my new RV-3A.

There are tie down rings currently installed in the wing and I havn't had a look to see just how they are in there. I would like to leave them off until I have to tie the plane down, it is hangered now. On my RV-6 they screw into threaded holes (I always leave them out until needed), is the RV-3A the same, or are they bolted through the spar with a nut on the backside?

Also, has anyone tried to mount a roll servo on the mixer in the mixer box area? Looks pretty tight in pictures but I havn't had a chance to remove the floorboards yet to check dimensions. I would like to add an AP to my new bird, but was wondering about drilling into the spar to mount it out on the wing and am looking at alternatives. I have been reading everything I could find and have looked at all the pics I could, but have not found an answer to these two questions. I work remotely for weeks at a time and only had a chance to fly the new bird home as of yet. Thanks for your time, regards, Al.

Hmmm

Guess I'll take a look when I get home, I read what Randy had said but I'm unclear if I would need to drill through the spar, or just through the aileron mounting brackets, I don't really want to drill through the spar.

Back