What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Rotax service information releases

roger lee

Well Known Member
Last edited:
Yet to check the sn ranges, anyone else happen to check yet? Hope this applies for vans shipped engines in the last couple years

Last edited:
Vans doesn't have any fuel injected engines so that service info is mute and any Rotax 912 with the red Teflon hoses that feed the carbs should be good to go. That may go back about 6 years. I haven't looked at the serial numbers either to try and pin down a date.

It looks to me that for the main fuel lines it will only apply to the ones supplied with the new style fuel pump, that are individually replaceable.

The hoses that are affected for the majority of the people are the ones that feed the carbs off the fuel block assembly mounted on the cross over balance tube. They are red and not in fire sleeve. That is for all the older engines.
If you have a new factory engine with the new style fuel pump already on then it includes those hoses, but your engine would need to be fairly new. Any engine that ever came with the old AC pumps won't have them on the pump or if you just replaced the pump without the hoses. I new style pump with hoses attached, which may not fit your individual aircraft application, cost up around $565. As far as adding this new pump with Teflon hoses after the fact, it would be cheaper just to replace the fuel pump's two hoses.

It appears

For us, SN 6778396, the lines to the carbs are good, but the lines to/from the pump (newer style) will be on the 5 year plan unless we upgrade to Teflon.

Speaking of upgrading to Conductive Teflon hoses....

The inquiries and sales of our conductive teflon hose kit retrofit for the RV-12 has been picking up.

We have the RV-12 fuel retrofit kit in aircraft on two continents, and hopefully will be adding a third shortly.

In addition, we are going to be working to get certification of our hose package in the UK.

For anyone interested, please contact Tom or I. We would be happy to discuss the hoses with you.

We currently maintain inventory of a few kits at a time so that we can ship them as orders are placed. You won't find a higher quality hose setup than this for the RV-12.

Have a great day,
Steve

Back