What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Poster Interested in Seeing A Kit Upclose - NW IN

123BN

I'm New Here
After having flown production planes for 35 years, I am finally ready to give up my Tiger and build an RV 12. Before I order that first kit though, I would really like to see one in progress. I'm in NW Indiana, but travel frequently between Cedar Rapids, IA, Peoria, IL, Indianapolis, IN, and Columbus, OH. So, if you are in the Midwest and would like to show your uncompleted baby off, email me. I would very much appreciate it. Thanks..bob

Welcome to VAF from a fellow hoosier! Not in your part of the state, however, down near Columbus. Don't have a 12 kit as yet, but kids at Jennings Co HS (North Vernon) will be building one soon. It will sell finished at kit price, if that is something that would interest you. We will be well into it by the end of the year, and you could stop by OVO if you are interested in a ride in a 9A. There are some kits in Indy, I believe. Let me know if you would be interested in the 12 from N Vernon--I expect it to be done by early 2012 and we are looking for a buyer now. NV is about 65 miles south of Indy.

Bob Kelly

After having flown production planes for 35 years, I am finally ready to give up my Tiger and build an RV 12. Before I order that first kit though, I would really like to see one in progress. I'm in NW Indiana, but travel frequently between Cedar Rapids, IA, Peoria, IL, Indianapolis, IN, and Columbus, OH. So, if you are in the Midwest and would like to show your uncompleted baby off, email me. I would very much appreciate it. Thanks..bob

If you go thru Cedar Rapids, you must come thru Davenport on I-80. My RV-12 is complete, but, currently disassembled and down for the condition inspection.

Rather lengthy as I added an oil thermostat, added the Reiff preheater and added a door to control the airflow at the entrance of the water radiator to get a bit of cabin heat in the winter, ala John Bender.

Call or e-mail me if coming thru Davenport. Happy to show the plane or give a ride if back together.

RV-12 in Dayton

I can show you a completed RV-12 in Dayton OH and all the plans, tools, etc required to build one by a first-time builder/ Grumman-AA-1 owner.

Wayne 120241/143WM

Back