What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New northeast builder

nRVana

I'm New Here
Like many others before me have done, I have been lurking here for some time fact-gathering while I pondered the option of building my own plane. After a few months of reading and learning, attending a EAA sheetmetal class, joining the local EAA Chapter (106), and building a couple test projects, I ordered an RV-10 empennage and have begun the journey. So far I am 2 weekends into the build and certainly am enjoying the ride so far.

I am just starting a major 3-4-year project at work and I figure that a build will give me a great work get-away - with any luck, both projects will come to fruition about the same time. Living in a very dense Boston suburb, I'll have a few significant space hurdles ahead of me, but I have no doubt I'll be able to figure something out.

I currently fly a Cardinal FG that is hangared at Lawrence (KLWM). A wonderful plane, but an upgrade would be nice.

Looking forward to getting more involved in the discussions and hopefully meeting many of you some day.

Cheers

Gord

Hi Gord, Welcome aboard the good ship VAF.

You are going to learn, be challenged but mostly enjoy your journey.

Best

Welcome to VAF!

Gord,
welcome.gif
to VAF.

You will love the 10:D

I have completed a 12 and am currently building an 8. The owners of both of these are very close to pulling the trigger on a 10 which they have graciously asked me to help with. How could I possibly let them down? ;). I imagine that someday there will be time (and MONEY) to build my 4. At what point does one become a repeat offender?

One town away...

Hi Gord,

Dave Setser here, I'm building an RV-7 in Arlington - just a couple of miles from you. I'm also a Chapter 106 member but don't make it to many meetings.

You're more than welcome to hop over to my shop, and I'd be glad to help when you need another pair of hands. I'll send you my contact info via PM.

Cheers,

Dave

Welcome!

Gord,
Sounds like you have an excellent plan just stretch it to 5 years. It's much easier on a five-year plan. A lot of RV activity is going on in your area below VAF radar. You should apply for a slot at Flash Mob Squadron. Approval takes time and beer... Tell the Commander ideology chief recommended you :D

Back