What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New member research questions

infltc2s

Have been looking at the kit world for some time. Have narrowed it down to the -7.
Two questions:
1) If I build the acft in my garage (4 car) would it be difficult to remove the wings once it is "Totaly Complete" for transport to airport. Would be so much eaiser to do the work in my garage rather than drive out to the airport plus only need a hanger once it is finished.
2) Wife can't stand the heat here in Texas so she wants a place in the mountains right now looking at Angle Fire New Mexico. It has a runway that is around 8500 ft at an altitude of somewhere around 8500 ft. Would the -7 have enough performance to operate safley in that enviroment at gross weight with the IO-360 200 hp CS prop?

Yes the RV-7 will have no problem operating there at any time of the year.
Yes you can build your plane in the garage and it is a relatively easy job to remove the wings and H/S and V/S for transport.

Yes

Hi Alan,
Norm's correct in that it is easy to remove the wings on a 7. Besides, we usually use cheapo hardware store bolts ground down to a bullnose to temporarily hold the wings in place while the incidence is set and the rear spar bolt hole drilled. Only use the close tolerance bolts at final assembly.

Regards,

Back