What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New member - Bit the bullet!

Flying Scotsman

Well Known Member
Well, after "apprenticing" for the last several years helping my neighbor on his RV-8 (ready for FAA inspection and first flight this weekend!), I bit the bullet today and sent the forms to Van's for a -7A!

Already enjoying reading all of the good info here on this forum, and can't wait to get started on mine!

Hope to get to know all of you here in the coming years!

Steve

Hello and welcome

Welcome to the RV community. It was the best thing I 've done for my self....build an RV and I am sure it will be for you too. There are things that only an RV can do and do it well. My buddy here in Victoria BC just decided to go to the Yukon and back in his RV4 on the spur of a moment. I departed last spring to fly my RV9a to New Mexico from my home in Victoria and do a side trip to Vegas all in 4 days....No problem for an RV. Economical and fast. You only can appreciate the fullest of it's capability when you have an RV. Welcome to the wonderful world of RV-ing...

Way to go!!

Welcome Steve,
You have a big, big advantage over some of the wannabe builders with the "several years" of helping your buddy build his -8. I can see the benefits of being around while all the difficult steps are completed and all the decision making as well.

Keep the faith,
Pierre

Steve, Where is home?

Steve,

Give us an idea where in the WORLD you live?

Jerry K. Thorne
East Ridge, TN
RV-9A slider, N2PZ
234.7 Hobbs hours in 2+ years of flying.
www.n2prise.org

Every drop of sweat, sore finger and hour spent will be sooooo worth it. Welcome aboard....

Back