What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New kid on the block

Bagger

Fly my RV-3B for its first 0.3 hours on 15th Feb at Serpentine Airfield Perth Western Australia.
Running in 0-320-H2AD after overhaul. Whirlwind GA200L 72 prop 10" Dynon Skyview Electric Flaps and trim 367.2 KG empty weight.
Thanks to Loyd, Shaun and Jean from rvbuilders.com for their QB kit, and thanks to friends for assistance at YSEN.
Magnificent acceleration and climb performance.

Welcome

Welcome to the skies Bagger!

Im sure to see you around the Perth skies sometime
What is your REGO?

Congrats Bagger! I have an RV-4 with an H2AD..I love that engine. I rebuilt mine and machined the fuel pump mounting boss off for cowl clearance and run all electric fuel system. Id like to see how your set up looks..did you run the mechanical pump? These are great 160HP engines that can be had for way less $$. Post some pics!

Rv-3B

My aircraft serial no. is 11954 and RA-AUS reg. is 19-8684

I have the mechanical pump in series with the electrical one and made two bumps in the top cowl, one for the pump and the other for the prop pump boss.

Have 3 hours to date and 22 to go in the test box, setting up Skyview flight calibration processes compass and AOA. Engine temps in green oil temp a bit high pressures are green. Hope oil temp drops some with engine run in.
All going fine no problems (yet). touch wood.

Back