What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Guy

LoneStar

I'm New Here
:Hi guy's, just a short note to say hello. I recived my -8 empenage and tools this Saturday at the same time, this is a good sign I think. Plan on building a wwork table tommorow and get a compressor this week. I'm looking foreward to posting and getting some good advice from some of you old rivetheads.

Welcome!

Congratulations on starting your kit. You are going to have a blast. Two of the biggest hurdles I've faced are finances and patience. I can't count the number of times I've been able to get help from all the great people here on the forums. This is the best resource around.

Have Fun,

Welcome Aboard!

If you need any help, we're just over at Polly Ranch - I'd be happy to make sure a new guy keps on rolling, and doesn't get stuck!

Paul

Yet another start in the Houston area.
For the table I used an old door with some particle board on top so you can drill
straight into it... helps when building the emp.
Welcome !!

Last edited:
Another RV"8"tor Newbie

Grinning already!:D Got my tail kit on the 11th, and already have the HS complete. Worst part is had to take a break to go to work.:( Gotta pay for the wings though. This board is a great source. I hope I will have lots to contribute.

Oh! Tried to post a pic but couldn't figure out how!

Welcome

Welcome aboard! You have picked a great project, Enjoy your build. Try to keep up your flying skills along your way.

Welcome aboard. There a number of flying and under construction RV-8's in the League City, Friendswood, and Pearland area. Help and encouragement is close at hand.

David

Back