What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New guy ;)

Cougar68

I'm New Here
I received my PPL in August and I'm starting to look for my first plane. Renting is quite the hassle and being mechanically inclined makes building a natural fit. I've been building cars for almost 20 years and from what I've read most of what I've learned will transfer over very well. I don't expect it to be easy, but I expect to finish.

My mission is a simple one, fun! Initially I wanted a four seater for XC with the family, but budget prohibits that right now. My only son will be off to college in four years so the wife and I agree that a two seater will work. Especially since it's going to take a few years to get it done. We're wanting a good XC plane, but I also like the idea of rolling it around solo every now and then. So it seems like the 7 will be a great fit for me. The speed, efficiency, looks and load capability appear to support my needs very well.

I would really like an opportunity to see one up close and personal. Flying or in progress doesn't matter to me, in fact I would prefer to see about a dozen in various stages! My home airport is MQY and I know I've seen some 7's buzzing around here. Also if anyone around here is building and wants an extra pair of hands I don't mind getting dirty.

And one last thing. It's a long shot, but I ran into a married couple at the Smithville, TN airport a few months back that were flying their RV from I think NC to NM. I had flown my mother out for her first flight in a DA-20. They referred me here and was hoping to hook back up with them and see how the flight ended up.

Welcome !!!!

Terry, welcome to VAF:D

I suspect you will get a few "come on over" invitations soon.

Good to have you aboard.

Welome!

Welcome to the family Terry! You are surrounded by wonderful people. If you are ever down in the Atlanta area please call and I'd be more than happy to arrange something.
Best
Brian Wallis

Fly with me.......

......in Louisville. Ga (2J3) for free! Email me at Pierrejs at bellsouth.net

Welcome,

Welcome aboard man, you found the right place... these guys will give you an EXPENSIVE ride!! :D

Welcome to the journey........

Great to have you on board! Let us know what you think after you've had a chance to get up close. You will not be disappointed! :)

Welcome

Welcome to one of the greatest groups of people and planes on the planet. You will soon find many nearby RV's to you. A ride will be costly however. So, just go ahead and order the tail kit now or find a project in progress to get things going. You'll be rewarded 10 fold by the people and the experience.

Welcome to the fold.

Welcome to the VAF forum and the wonderful world of RV's!

My in-laws live just outside of Chattanooga, next time we are out that way, I'll let you know and if it works out, I'll run up to give you a ride.

I would really like an opportunity to see one up close and personal. Flying or in progress doesn't matter to me, in fact I would prefer to see about a dozen in various stages! My home airport is MQY and I know I've seen some 7's buzzing around here. Also if anyone around here is building and wants an extra pair of hands I don't mind getting dirty.

If you contact Van's they will give you contact info of builders and finished airplane owners (even of a specific model) that are close to your zip code (or zip code of an airport nearest you).

Thanks for all the well wishes and the offers here! I've heard great things about this community and it all looks to be true.

I'm still looking for someone building in the area. I'll give Vans a shout on Monday and see if they can put me in touch with someone. Should I have posted this kind of request in a different forum or was the 7 specific the right place? I guess it doesn't really matter if it's a 7 that I look at. It's more the construction techniques and process that I would like to see before I get my 7 on its way here. Thanks again folks, looking forward to participating!

Come down to FFC (Falcon Field, Peachtree City, GA). We have an Aircraft Spruce right by the field, and the Falcon RV Squadron consists of over 30 guys from dreamers all the way up to finished and flying. We've got flying examples of all the RV's (except the 10), and many under construction (including three 10's). I'm building an RV-7 and am about 80% done with the first wing.

If you're looking for someone closer, don't call Van's, check out the VAF White Pages: http://www.vansairforce.net/rvwp.htm

Back