What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Guy: N319CB Flaps

rboyer

I'm New Here
Hey all,

I purchased an RV-10 around a year ago. I love it, have enjoyed flying it and have been going through it an addressing any issues I find. I'm finding that I need some advice on a few things and figured you would be the correct group to address!

First, If I want to add pictures is there an acceptable method, or do I just add them?

Ok, Flaps!! I have completely gutted the electrical system and upgraded the panel. What has this got to do with flaps? Well, I added a VPX and when adjusting the points I want to stop the flaps I noticed that the flaps only go into Reflex about 1 degree? Shouldn't that be 3 degrees?

Richard B
N95791 Taylorcraft
N319CB RV-10

Welcome to VAF!

Richard, welcome aboard the good ship VAF:D

Here is a tutorial about inserting pics--------note you need to host the photos elsewhere, and you then insert a link to the hosted site.

The flaps should be flat with the bottom of the fuse when fully retracted/reflexed------I would check that, and it is correct then your indicator needs a bit of education.

Last edited:
3 Deg

It should be about 3 deg.
Reflex should be the flap resting against the stops.
0 deg should be the flap at the same angle as the trailing edge of wing. (Straight edge hanging over the the trailing edge, stop flap when it touches).
Should be about an inch from the edge of the wing to the flap skin seam. (that is an eyeballed inch, not exact) at 0 deg.

I think Mike forgot the tutorial. But just click "insert Pics" in the upper left corner, 3 lines down from Posting rules, and it will step you thru it.

Yes, Full up the flaps should rest against the aft spar. One notch down, they should conform to the curvature of the wing, "in trail", and that should be 3 degrees down from the full up (reflex) position.

I currently have it set for Reflex, even with the top of the wing (0), 10 degrees and max which I think was close to 30 degrees. When the flaps are all the way up, they are not even with the fuse. A digital level also show it to only be 1 degree up from the 0 setting.

Disconnect a flap and see where it stops that way. Bang up is supposed to be about minus three and TE of the flap right at the bottom edge of the fuselage...In a perfect world.

Back