What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New guy from the SF bay area

Nickcrossfield

I'm New Here
Good afternoon, I am a 23 year old active duty military male located in San Francisco. I recently started my PPL and I am planning on getting into an aviation career after my enlistment is complete. It is been my dream to build a RV and I'm debating between the 7 or 8. If there is anyone that needs a flying buddy, or could possibly show me their plane, it would be greatly appreciated. I have a crazy schedule, but I'm trying to get as much time and experience in the air as possible, and for the overall enjoyment of flying. I would love to assist with maintenance, or any work you need done to be able to fly. I am mostly around the Bay Area or Yosemite/Sonora area, and would be able to meet up with someone and get as much information as possible. Please call me at 415-609-8905 if you are interested. Thank you very much!

Hi Nick

Welcome aboard! I'm working through my finishing kit on my 7 now (tail, wings, fuse done). If you want to see a plane mid-build, just let me know.

Also, EAA 663 over in Livermore has a bunch of beautiful RVs. Great group of folks, though I have a hard time getting over there regularly.

Hi Nick,

I'm one of those guys at KLVK. I have a -10, not a 7 or 8, but would be happy to take you for a demo ride. I'm a cfi so can sign it off as dual if you like.

Bob

Hi Nick,

I keep my RV-4 at Hayward.

Just back from Oshkosh yesterday and left the oil draining.
Planning to be back later today to finish off the change and maybe a quick post maintenance flight.

You'd be most welcome to come along and check it out today or any other weekend day. Click on my name to the left to email or PM.

Back