What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New guy building RV-7

WB4FTA

I'm New Here
Hello! I am happy to join all of you. I have been doing my best to build an RV-7 and life kinda got in the way a bit. Now I am back to reality again and have been monitoring this site for quite a long time. It has proven to be educational to me beyond words. I have completed the HS, VS, AND WORKING ON Elevators. Wing are here as well. Not yet working them at present. Just built over the last year a metal shed in back yard in Corona, CA TO HOUSE MY rv-7 project. All of you have contributed to my knowledge and have made the decission to move forward again and complete my dream of a fantastic aircraft from VANS. i HAVE VERY LITTLE FLIGHT TIME IN AN RV-7 but was so impressed with it that I have been grining a long time and want that grin to stay with me a long time too. So that is all I have for the moment and happy to have finially joined your group. I have meet some fine people here in the group in SOCAL at Chino airport. Travel needed to be cut down so I moved to my back yard in a 14 x 31 foot metal shed with 10 foot ceilng to build my airplane. Thanks for the many tips in building.

Billy Callanan RV-7 n923mc (reserved) Daughters Birthday 9/23 Her initials also (My Children)
I have five girls and wife of 40 yrs who supports my project.

Goooooo Billy!

Glad to see another one is infected. Welcome! As you now know, the RV grin begins long before the first flight. Keep us posted on your progress, okay?

thanks for the welcome

Hello Ron, Thanks fotr the welcome. Need to clean up shop to finish elevators. Kinda moved out of Chino when my wife gave me permission to have my own hangar in the back yard. It's completed and now must get cleaned out inside a bit to work. More on parts and endeavors later. Billy C.

Hello Ron, Thanks fotr the welcome. Need to clean up shop to finish elevators. Kinda moved out of Chino when my wife gave me permission to have my own hangar in the back yard. It's completed and now must get cleaned out inside a bit to work. More on parts and endeavors later. Billy C.

Hi Bruce. Thanks for the reply and Yah I have been infected with building an RV since June of 2004. Got the empenage Sep 2004 at a T Hangar at Chino Airport, CA.
wILL SEND SOME PICTURES.

Billy Callanan RV-7 BUILDER # 72013 N923MC (rESERVED)

wow, five girls... did you work with heavy RADAR-systems before?

i was years in the german military working with air defense missile RADAR systems and due to the radiation the children born from our squadron soldiers were to almost 100% daughters. we called them "air defense sons" :)

happy to hear that your project is back on track.

Kay

Welcome Bill

I too am just starting but with the wait on orders I may have found an answer today of a fellow selling a empenage kit locally since he is not going to even start it, Along with all his tools. We'll see if this works in the next week.

Hopefully something will happen,..I am just going nuts looking at all the planes flying and being built and not getting anywhere myself.

Smilin' Jack
WB4JKY

Back