What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New fiberglass main gear fairing Installation Instructions

Jermechanic

Well Known Member
I am removing the gear leg fairings that my RV6 came with. They are the foam filled hand formed fiberglass type. They have cracks from not allowing for landing gear flex. I have purchased a fair of the new style pre-made fiberglass fairing from Vans. I am going to try to fit them inside the intersection fairings that are on the plane. The fairings came with no instructions- just wondering if anyone could send me the installation instructions and/or any tips on install. Thanks in advance. Looking forward to my first trip to Oshkosh in it this summer!!

Thanks Jeremy

Full size drawings

I have purchased a fair of the new style pre-made fiberglass fairing from Vans. Looking forward to my first trip to Oshkosh in it this summer!!
Thanks Jeremy

Jeremy, If you bought the fairings from Vans, they should have come with a set of instructions, which include full size drawings. The full size drawings have the top and bottom angles that should be cut and the actual length of the fairing for each model, ie -4,-6-7-8. as the fairings are generic. I would think a phone call to Vans would get you a full size set in the mail. Good Luck.

I live right across the water

Jeremy,
I live right across the straight in Port Angeles. I am building a RV-6 (wings). This is my 3rd RV and the 11th in the family. I also worked on a F1 EVO Rocket as well. Call me if you need some help of I can hop on the ferry and come over.
Aden Rich 1-360-560-5822 (cell) or 1-360-452-9870

Thanks Adam

I have the plans from Van's now. I'll send you an email if I have any trouble. Just deciding whether to use hose clamps to secure the fairings and whether to reuse the dampners that are currently on the plane. Not sure if they are epoxied to the gear legs or not.

Cheers Jeremy

:)Scrap that stuff... Call Mark at the F1 Rocket Factory and get the good stuff top to bottom. You will not regret it!!!

Back