What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Delivery - Back to building

Phil

Well Known Member
After a long wait since last December, the QB fuselage arrived via Partain Transport.

I was worried about the quality of the work coming from the new factory, but I have to admit it looks pretty nice at first glance. I haven't removed the floor boards yet or any of the panels, but it looks pretty good!

Tomorrow I'll get started with the inventory and walking through the plans from Step #1, just to make sure I understand everything that has been done.

Thanks to RV-3B builder Stephen Johnston (rvwannabe) and RV-10 builder (and well behind me now! :D) Dave Murphy for the assistance with the unload.

If any of you are expecting QB fuses from the factory and have any questions about their state of delivery or craftsmanship, now is the time to ask. I'll go through mine and let you know what I see.

Here are a few photos.

But if you would like to see all of them, here's a link the the slideshow....

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r51/philperry9/RV-10 Build/QB Fuse Delivery/?albumview=slideshow

Phil

DSCN1572.jpg

DSCN1581.jpg

DSCN1586.jpg

DSCN1589.jpg

DSCN1596.jpg

Last edited:
Exciting...

Hey Phil,
That's really exciting - I know it's been a long wait for you and many others. Good luck getting back to work!

Does Stephen..........

ever work? All I ever see him doing is messing with airplanes. Either at Conroe, Williams or now there. No wonder some many people choose Direct TV. Stephen.........go to work!

AND I HAD TO GIVE HIM A BEER TOO!!!

Mark: Thanks! You're welcome to stop by anytime and drool over it!! :D

Haha! I do plenty of work in my 4 days of h3ll! Today happens to be my Friday and a rain shortened workday provided an opportunity to lend a helping hand in Phil's special arrival! We had fun with it and I will post a couple of my pics tomorrow when I can get my internet back... Neighbor doesn't lock their internet, so I am "borrowing" it for a little while! ;)

Thanks for the beer Phil! It was a great way to end a little work! :)

Last edited:
Only problem I see is the length of your trailer... :eek: Ar you sure it is long enough :cool:

What on earth is that sucker used for, apart from RV10 deliveries?

Thats CRAZY!!! :D

re: trailer

That trailer is Partain's. When they delivered my qb RV10 fuselage, it was full of RV's, looked like 6-8 going to various places. The packing crew at Van's is like the boxing people at the tent factories.:D I don't know how they get those big tents in those little boxes.

Marshall Alexander
RV10 N781DM

My QB fuse was on that trailer, I had the last one delivered. He was headed to pick up two cars to tow back to the left coast.

My QB looks great and I am looking forward to building again, I ordered it New Year's Eve. Looks like I saved myself two days of work not having Vans crate it up to ship. Can't wait till I fly, I figure two to three years. 80% finished, 80% to go!

Back