What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New cooling shroud

Dave12

Well Known Member
Does anyone know if the new Rotax motors sent from Van's have been modified or do we still have to perform the mod? I am ordering on Monday. Just curious.

Cooling shroud

Dave, I received my Engine kit about a month ago and it appears that Vans has made the modification to the shroud. I haven't installed the shroud yet, so I'm not 100% sure. I could see a modified corner on my part, so that's where my assumptions come from.:)

Cooling Shroud

I received my engine kit about 6 weeks ago and the shroud was not modified, or at least did not appear so. The LR mount attach bolt still unaccessible without modifying shroud as per the service bulletin. So, I will modify the shroud as per Van's direction. I've cut the hole but need to exceed the 1" specified by Van's because allen wrench won't fit with only an inch.

I received my engine in Feb/11 and the shroud is modified. You must use a "Ball End" allen socket for access. It has to be approached from an angle to tighten.

Back