What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Center Section Instrument Panel

meadeduck

Well Known Member
We received a replacement for the center section of the instrument panel yesterday, it's the section that holds the two instruments in the middle. Along with the part, we received an explanation that the original part (the one that WE ALREADY RIVETED IN PLACE) was a little bit too large and basically, looked ugly on the panel. We've got kit number 16. Just be prepared if you haven't already received the part yet.
Meade and George:rolleyes:

Got mine on Monday

I got one as well- mine arrived Monday. I am serial number 41 and received my fuselage kit in late November.

Mine on Monday also

I was waiting for a warmer day to paint the dash, so I got lucky this time. I painted them yesterday.

John Bender

I was waiting for a warmer day to paint the dash, so I got lucky this time. I painted them yesterday.

John Bender
Like you John, I got lucky. I had just finished de-burring the center panel, when the replacement showed up in the mail. Two more hours and I would have been drilling rivets! Steve

Dash & Interior painted

RV-12Dashpainted100_0849.jpg

The dash is a sand type color. The Interior, except tunnel covers, is a slight reddish color. The tunnel covers will be a slightly more red color. The photo is not exact, but a fair idea of what it looks like. Flash changed the picture some. Mostly Plasti-Kote.

John Bender

Back