What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Builder

Greenley

Well Known Member
Finished the shop, tables built, working on the toolbox kit. I have run out of excuses, time to fax in THE order. One RV-10 tailkit on its way. I look forward to getting busy and knowing such great help is available at VAF makes it a lot less intimidating. Some day I will have to get a ride in a 10.
Bill Greenley
New builder, waiting to get my builder number

Welcome Bill...

It's pretty cool to see so many new -10 projects coming to life in the next wave.

It feels kinda weird being the old guy in the mix. I'm used to being to rookie.

Don't hesitate firing off some questions on the -10 board. We've got to hang together and we won't hesitate helping you out.

And don't worry about the -10 ride, I was 3 years in to my project before I got my first one. It was in Vans demo airplane N410RV.

Welcome to the club.

Phil

Whoa! Your not kidding...there has been quite a few new -10s starting out. This is great!!! Im in line too in the very near future...

Congrats on the new project and hope to follow your progress!!

Now if they can hurry up and finish my new factory....uhhh house.

Welcome

Glad to see someone else starting a 10 project. I hope to be starting soon myself. I have flown several hours in an RV-7A with a friend and then also flown in an RV-10, thanks to David Maib from Florida. I can say this, the 10 is far less responsive and, in my opinion, fun to fly than the 7A. That being said, the 10 is a MUCH larger plane, so you would expect and even prefer this extra "stability." As compared to another plane you may be familiar with (Cessna 172), the RV-10 is a hotrod! Compared to the Cessna, I think the 10 feels better, flys better and certainly puts out numbers all around that are WAY better (i.e. useful load, cruise speed, range, fuel consumption, cost to own, etc.). Welcome, and good luck with your project. A demo ride is good, but trust me, you don't need one..

On its way

Just spoke to Vans, and my RV-10 tail kit was picked up by the shippers today, should arrive Wednesday. Now the big question, that is my wedding anniversary, can I resist opening the box for a day? :)

Pounding practice rivets.
Bill

You might as well break her in. Get started on the inventory, it'll take a good 5-6 hours to work through. :)

Bill,

There are three flying RV-10s in Columbus, with two more under construction. There is another flying RV-10 in Midland. So if you're willing to drive 3-4 hours, I'm sure we can facilitate a ride.

bob

Just spoke to Vans, and my RV-10 tail kit was picked up by the shippers today, should arrive Wednesday. Now the big question, that is my wedding anniversary, can I resist opening the box for a day? :)

Pounding practice rivets.
Bill

Oh boy, my wife know I wouldn't be able to wait. Jeez, when ever get a toy from the store, I can't make it to the car before it's opened.

Good luck....and Happy Anniversary

Repeat offender

Been flying my -9A for a year and a half. Got the CFO's okay to start a -10 so placed the tail kit order today! Her biggest concern - how are we going to afford to own two planes? She's a keeper.

Back