What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Builder??

dav1111

Well Known Member
On 8/13/08 while in the Austin, Texas area I gave a ride in my RV-10 to a prospective builder. The following was his e-mail response after the ride:

Russ,

What a pleasure to fly in your chariot. It was a blast! Man, that was
what a take off should feel like. Not struggling to gain altitude like
my Archer. Now Spring cant come soon enough.

Blessings, Cliff

Clifton O'Meara is a young (at least to this 62 year old) orthopedic surgeon who was thinking about starting an RV-10 build next spring. We flew at 4:30 p.m. on a really hot day with very little wind, taking off uphill at Taylor, Texas because that was the runway the other aircraft in the pattern were using.

Yesterday I received the following note from Cliff:

Russ,

My wife is wanting me to start sooner than next spring so I might have to give in to her wishes. She is talking about November. The pressure I have
is great!

Blessings, Cliff

I guess it was a good thing that Cliff's wife didn't fly back seat when I gave Cliff a ride, otherwise he might have already had to turn in his order.

It is always a thrill to share the joy of my RV-10, I only wish the gas prices didn't make me think twice about going flying. Fortuntely I have another build project underway (RV-7) which doesn't require gas to enjoy.

Good for you....

A friend of mine is a John Deere dealer....well, he actually has 5 dealerships and runs around in a Cirrus with an IO-550. I gave him a BFR in my -6A several months ago and he was blown away and wanted to learn how to roll it, so I showed him and he started rolling and just doing woop-de-doops like big lazy 8s. Yep, he couldn't stand it and has a -7 in the back of my hangar that we're helping build:)

Regards,

Keep up the good karma

I took an old Navy buddy of mine up for a flight in the -7 last year (he now flies for Alaska). We flew out of Oxnard, CA and up along the coast, then popped up and shot an ILS into Santa Barbara. Stayed under the layer and buzzed back down to Oxnard, partaking in the sights along the way (maintaining safe altitude and distance). He was hooked! A few months later he bought an RV-4 and loves it.

Back